Volumetric Lights 2
Volumetric Lights 2
NEW! Volumetric Lights 2, next generation volumetric lighting and successor of Volumetric Lights, is here! Now compatible with Unity 2022 (also supports 2021) includes advanced new features like translucency shadow maps and direct light casting plus many improvements.
Volumetric Lights 2 is a fast, flexible and great-looking light scattering solution for Built-in and Universal Rendering Pipeline. Improves lighting visuals in your scene with a few clicks.
✓ Point lights
✓ Spot lights
✓ Disc shape lights
✓ Rectangular lights
Easy to use:
Add VolumetricLight script to your lights and customize. The effect automatically matches the light type, angle, range, color, etc. and extends it with new volumetric features and options.
The effect can also be used without lights as well (virtual volumetric lights). Just disable the light and activate the "Always On" option in the Volumetric Light script.
- Smooth or 3D noise based volumetric effect.
- Profile based. Share settings among lights.
- Real volumetric effect.
- Realtime shadow occlusion with option to bake volumetric shadows and distance culling options (improves performance).
- Translucency shadow maps. Light color gets influenced when crossing tanslucent/transparent materials.
- Cast direct light in deferred rendering mode. The volumetric effect can now illuminate objects in the scene.
- Dust particles with distance attenuation.
- Colored cookies with animation support.
- Customizable boundaries and shape.
- Customizable light attenuation mode (linear, quadratic, custom).
- Performance/quality control settings including downscaling with bilateral filter and blur.
- 3 demo scenes as shown in the videos. One inspired in the Parthenon temple.
- Online and PDF documentation.
- Built-in pipeline (Unity 2020.3 or later).
- URP/Universal Rendering Pipeline (Unity 2021.3 or later).
- VR Multi-Pass and Single Pass Stereo support.
- Perspective and orthographic camera support.
- Timeline / Animation support.
- High end mobile devices (iOS and Android).
- WebGL 2.